Click here or the above for more information
CERT Tonga’s vision and mission statement are defined in CERT Tonga’s Terms Of Reference as approved by His Majesty’s Cabinet Decision No. 722 of 15 July 2016 which mandates CERT Tonga to coordinate and collaborate amongst stakeholders to prevent through public awareness, detect and manage cyber threats in the Kingdom of Tonga.
The outputs and operations are reviewed annually as part of the planning process of the government.
A brief summary of the goals of CERT Tonga:
CERT Tonga operates under the Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Communications and Climate Change (MEIDECC) and is the national Computer Emergency Response Team for the Kingdom of Tonga. Working with international, domestic, public and private parties, acting within their statutory scope, collect information, knowledge and expertise to help improve understanding of developments, threats, and trends and help parties prevent and deal with incidents and make decisions in crisis.
What we do
As mandated, CERT Tonga aims to:
- Serve as the Kingdom of Tonga’s national point of contact for cyber security issues
- Collaborate with the regional and international CERTs
- Issuance of security warnings and alerts
- Provide security awareness campaigns
- Conduct an annual cyber security threat survey
- Establish and maintain an incident database
- Identify capacity building programs for staff
- Conduct incident handling
- Digital evidence handling
- Conducting risk analysis
- Provide security consultation and advice
- Research development
- Provide forensic services
Please refer to our services page for details.